Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Too Many Diapers

I have come to the conclusion that 60 diapers are waaaaay too much...so I'm paring it down and selling the the ones I don't like as much on eBay, I'm kind of sad about this, but at the same time, I'm happy that I found diapers I absolutely love. I'm keeping all of my BumGenius 3.0s (I need those for daycare, plus they really ARE awesome!), my BG 4.0's (I need to prewash those), my BG Organics (SOOO Amazing!!), My Rumparooz (Seriously my favorite), some of my FuzziBunz (love them, but kind of dislike the adjustable elastic) and my 2 Flips.

I'm in the process of selling my Happy Heinys, GroVias, 13 of my 20 FuzziBunz, and a few random diapers that I got (Kissaluvs, Tweedle Bugs, BabkKicks, Thirsties, and some inserts)

I'll be keeping about 40 diapers all together.

I came to this decision today when I noticed how I haven't even been 1/2 way through my whole stash yet, and how it was so confusing with so much fluff (I wish I could say too much fluff is never a bad thing, but it kind of was), plus I know that they'll all go to good homes where they will be used more than maybe once every week or so.

So on with why I kept the diapers I kept...

BumGenius 3.0's, I bought 12 of these when I saw the whole buy 5 get 1 free deal and felt that it was too good of a deal to pass up. I knew that the aplix closures would be a good daycare option if my daycare would be for cloth diapering, and the reviews seemed to support that it was a great diaper. Cut to my daycare being completely on board with cloth diapers (little man is their first!) and we have been using them for a couple of days now, and I love them!!

BumGenius Organics, I bought 9 of these and they were one of the first few diapers we put on little man when we started our cloth diaper adventure. I love how soft they are and how much they absorb! I also like that with these I can "feel" if he's wet because the cotton gets heavy. These are also by far one of his trimmest diapers (Rumparooz come first in that department).

BumGenius 4.0s, I got 3, but I don;t know how they fit just yet because they haven't been pre-washed yet (I'm waiting on a few more diapers to do my last pre-wash load) I'm sure they'll be just as awesome as the 3.0's just with snaps.

FuzziBunz One Size, I had originally bought 15 of them and I also got 5 free from Kelly's Closet with some of their free diaper codes. I love these too, but the adjustable elastic is a bit obnoxious to adjust, and I kind of dislike having to adjust the elastic all the time. They absorb great and the colors are awesome, so I decided to keep 7 of them and sell the other 13. I of course kept the colors that I didn't have so many of, so I kep 2 Watermelon, 1 Blueberry, 2 Green Apple, and 2 Choco Truffle.

FuzziBunz Perfect Size- Size Small- I bought 2 of these and I really like these better than the one size ones, so I kept these also. I have Kumquat and Mac n' Cheese. I really like that I don't have to adjust anything and they fit my son really well.

and last but not least...

Rumparooz! I LOVE these diapers! They are definitely my #1 diaper and if I had the chance to do the cloth diapers all over, I would order more Rumparooz (I'm sure I will over the next few months). When we have baby #2 I am definately going to buy some of the Lil' Joeys! I love how soft they are, and especially how trim and absorbent they are! I have about 9 of them, and I wish I had more!

In other news, the little mans daycare AGREED to cloth diaper him!!! I am super excited, and was so very nervous when I went in yesterday to give them my deposit and talk to them about the diapers. I brought a BumGenius 3.0 with me and spoke with the director, who was all for it, and she said it would be fine especially since they work just like a disposable. SO I went to the infant room and showed the women who will be watching him, the diaper and they were super happy to do it also! It was nice to see two more people happy do cloth diaper and also surprised at how far cloth diapers have come. The one woman even said that they were so much better than the prefolds and rubber pants she used on her kids! So Yay!

I think it's time to wrap this up, little man is waking up and I know he's going to be demanding a bottle!

No comments:

Post a Comment